Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Austin and his list of Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Movies.

With 2014 wrapping up I feel it necessary to start listing off the years' great movies, along with the bad, as well as movies that follow certain trends. The first and the easiest movies to pick out are the bad ones. I work in a movie theater, so I do get to see first hand every bad movie that we release, and all the irreparable harm that they cause. So without further ado.

Honorable Mentions:
Transcendence, Need for Speed, November Man, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Pompeii, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
These movies were pretty bad, I'll spare you the details as to why, and go ahead and get started with the top ten.

10. I, Frankenstein
I normally expect more from a graphic novel adaptation, and I am a genuine fan of Marry Shelly's Frankenstein, however this movie just couldn't sell at all. It was bad from start to finish and if Aaron Eckhart's uninspired performance doesn't convince you, surely the banal special effects will.

9. Into the Storm
Complete with a flaming tornado, and a tank like humvee for bearing down in the wake of a deadly tornado , the dreadful acting along with the overdone redneck impersonations make it clear what Hollywood thinks of Oklahomans. A solid middle finger right back at the writer, director, cast, producer, editor, everybody that worked on that film or enjoyed that film.

8. The Legend of Hercules
No, not Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "Hercules" this one is even worse, brought to you in mind numbing 3D. Who thought it would be a good idea to make two Hercules in one year? C'mon man!

7. Heaven is for Real
I'm guessing I'm going to upset a few people by listing this on the worst of the worst, let me say that I am not attacking Christianity or your faith, nor am I calling you stupid for being a believer. I guarantee you the people that make these movies, complete with banal scripts and sub par acting, are not interested at all in your faith, but in the all-mighty dollar. Don't base your faith around a movie, that's all I have to say. (Exhales)

6. God's Not Dead
Well, this movie just sucks. If you are offended by stereotypes, generalizations, or anything related to Duck Dynasty; don't watch this movie. Actually I take that back, NOBODY SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE. Every stereotype that can be conceived is thrown in, to name a few: The Islamic student with an abusive father, the godless Chinese students that are more concerned with grades than the afterlife, and last but not least, the asshole Atheist college professor that forces his students to also become atheists before passing his class. In fact the entire movie is centered around the idea of disproving an impossible thesis, and ends with Professor Asshole converting on his deathbed, what a heartwarming narrative. (Sigh)

5. Son of God
This one is just a Sunday School flick, and comes nowhere close to capturing the energy of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ."

4. Left Behind
I promise, I am almost done ripping Christian narrative film adaptions, but this is one that most can agree with; given the amount of refunds I had to give to people that walked out of this movie early. This movie features Nicholas Cage, which obviously puts any film in the running.To quote possibly the funniest film review I’ve seen on rotten tomatoes….. “Score one for Satan.”



3. No Good Deed
Simply put, this movie is racist, and misogynistic, a muscle-bound black convict escapes prison and breaks into an unsuspecting (also black) woman's home with intention of harming her, and her infant child. Is this 1915? This really seems like a sequel to "Birth of a Nation".

2. America: Imagine the World Without Her
A daunting tale of Satan, and his quest to destroy America (with the help of a few good liberals of course.) Thank you, D'Nesh D'Souza, I take great pleasure in imagining a world without you.

1. Transformers 4
Well, clearly there are worse movies right? Seeing as this was a global blockbuster though, and without a doubt cost the most to make; I have to acknowledge this as the biggest bust, and therefore the worst of 2014. It is rumored that Paramount submitted Transformers 4 for a bid at the Oscar for "Best Picture". How about submitting an apology instead Paramount?

No comments:

Post a Comment